As a Gold Coast web design company, we know how important it is for your website to have an exceptional design. Aside from providing great user experience, a great design can also be the difference between a potential client and a lost lead.
If you’re thinking of designing your own website or want to lead your website designer in the right direction, know that there are several resources you can go to for website design inspiration. These websites are useful especially if you don’t want to start from the scratch and if you want to get… well, inspiration.
Below are some of the best websites that I personally go to for design inspiration. These should help you or your design get some amazing ideas.
- Pinterest – Pintrest is one of the leading social media websites but its point of difference is that it allows you to create a visual collection of categorised images. Basically, it works the same way as a virtual bulletin or corkboard that offers users images and videos on all sorts of niches. Using this website, you have the capability to create boards of multiple types of design inspiration. Curate everything that you think will influence your design in one place and use the description to explain what attributes inspire you.
- PSFK – This is an American media company that follows and reports on trends. Over the years, it has evolved into go-to resource for new ideas and design inspiration. Aside from showcasing the newest and most innovative web designs, it also shows which businesses and brands are integrating state-of-the-art tools and amazing inspirations into their products and websites.
- AWWWards – One of the most popular sites for professionals looking for ground-breaking design inspirations in AWWWards. Unlike other design resources, this one is a bit different because the sites or the designs are selected not by one curator but by a jury. Signing up to the site gives you the capability to curate your own choices as well as your favourite list. This is very useful particularly if you’re looking for a certain niche of website.
- HTML Inspiration – If you want a website that is sleek, simple, and an epitome of the world “minimalist” you should take a look at this website for your design inspiration. Focusing on minimalist approach to its design, it lets the work speak for itself. HTML Inspiration features a great selection of inspiring web designs. If you visit the website, you’ll see that the designs are clean and focused on the brand. They are uncluttered so no other elements take the visitors’ focus away from the site’s marketing message.
- Admire The Web – This is another source of great design inspiration featuring large inspirational screen grabs. The designs are cleverly categorised making the site extremely user-friendly. Each design comes with a description that to help you see how each was created which is helpful, especially if you’re just starting out. One thing that you’ll notice right off the bat is that this website favours designs that are clean, sleek, innovative, and definitely attention-grabbing.
- Ignition Media – Of course, I would want this opportunity for you to see my company’s proud collection. Although Ignition Media doesn’t really qualify as official design inspiration source, you can use it if you’re looking for design inspiration for your small business in and around Australia. Our main focus, as you’ll notice in our designs, is simplicity and calls to action. We make websites not just visually appealing but easy to navigate as well. We put all links on all the most important pages on the home page to make it easier for your visitor to find the content that they’re looking for ASAP.
- StyleBoost – With more than 2,000 websites, there’s definitely plenty of design inspiration that you can find here on this site. Whether you’re looking for a sleek, down-to-earth, or extremely futuristic design, I am sure you’ll find exactly what you need from StyleBoost. Each design comes with detailed description, which you’ll surely find useful.
There are plenty websites that web designers can use when they’re looking for amazing design inspiration. Some of the best are listed above. These sites should give you an idea on how you can transform your vision into visual form without starting from the scratch or redesigning the wheel.
If you need a compelling, responsive web design but don’t have the time or the skills to make it happen, know that you can count on Ignition Media to deliver the goods. We are one of the leading web design companies on the Gold Coast serving small and medium-size businesses in and around the region. For a website design that will leave your competition in awe, simply pick up the phone and give me, Nicole Brooke, a call; 07 55 687 515.
Get a Free Quote Today!
Please complete the following enquiry form to request a free quote. Alternatively, you may call our office on (07) 55 687 515