Hootsuite is a dashboard that allows you to manage multiple social media accounts. This is used for personal reasons by people who want to easily access their accounts, so they would just log in on one account instead of several ones.
There are two features of Hootsuite, namely,
- The ability to let you access more than one of any social media account. Besides giving you access to several social media networks, you can also manage more than one of the same network; for instance, two Twitter accounts.
- The option to have more than one user per account. For instance, there can be more than one editors and/or users per Hootsuite account, so they get to access all the accounts integrated on the Hootsuite.
Now, obviously, these features are applicable for any online business or website enterprise. After all, social media presence is a good way to establish a brand. By using Hootsuite, you can do the following:
- Create a social media team for your operations. You can have more than one people manage your social media accounts across all networks, making it easier to maintain your social media presence.
- Track your social media performance. Hootsuite has tools that allow you to track your social media campaign. For instance: is your tweet being shared rapidly, or did your followers not pick up your tweet?
- Pre-schedule a tweet. If you do not have time to actually be online to post the tweet, you can pre-schedule tweets or Facebook statuses via Hootsuite, so you can ensure that your accounts have content when needed.
- Use Social Analytics. This Hootsuite feature will allow you to find out how many people actually visited your site from the link you posted on your social media accounts.
- Keep track of keywords. Hootsuite has a convenient interface that will let you easily view tweets that contain a certain keyword (for instance, the name of your website).
A good question to ask here is if you actually need Hootsuite. A consideration here is whether you use social media heavily. The old rule was websites that lean towards the older audience/market are not heavy on social media, although social media presence, across the board, has now become the norm. Use Hootsuite if you need moderate to heavy social media management and monitoring.