While having a website for any type of business is important, search engine optimisation (SEO) is much crucial. Whatever type of business you’re running, whatever it is that you sell, you can bet that you’re going up against hundreds if not thousands of competitors online. So when your potential customers make a Google search of the product and services that you sell, you have to make sure that your website appears prominently on search page results otherwise, you’ll lose your chances of establishing that crucial first connection with your prospects and this will result to losing their business.
SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a certain webpage in Google and other search engine’s organic or unpaid search. These include the use of several strategies, tactics, and techniques to make sure that each time a Google search is performed on a targeted keyword, your website will be listed prominently on the search page results.
To be frank, SEO is not a simple task. It requires expert knowledge on Google’s changing algorithm, access to the right SEO tools, enormous effort, and a truckload of patience. If you have a website but don’t have the time to learn the nitty-gritty of SEO, you’ll be happy to know that Ignition Media offers complete SEO packages. With years of solid experience and comprehensive knowledge of various SEO practices, I can personally guarantee that we can give you the best chances of ranking on Google’s search page results. And you know what that means? It means easily being found by your target audience that can lead to more traffic and a higher conversion rate.
However, if you decide to optimise your own website, below are expert tips from me to you. Master these techniques and you’ll see your website rankings improve in no time.
- Keyword Research – Although Google has changed its algorithms several times already, one thing remained consistent for those people who are trying to optimize their website – keyword research. Get started by making a list of important topics that you think your target audience might be interested to read about. These should be related to the products or services that you sell. For instance, if you’re a web design business like Ignition Media, your keywords should include ‘website development’, ‘website design’, ‘SEO services’, ‘copywriting’, ‘e-commerce solutions’, ‘social media marketing’, etc. After identifying the possible keywords to target, identify those that are actually being used by your target audience when they’re doing Google search. You may also research for related search terms. For instance, your target audience may be searching for ‘affordable copywriting services’ instead of just ‘copywriting Gold Coast’. If that’s the case, it’s important that you target the exact phrase so you will have better chances of ranking on search page results.
- Content Optimisation – When writing the content for your website, whether for your home page or for your blog, it’s important that you write not just for your readers but also for Google. It doesn’t really matter how compelling your content is, if your target audience can’t find it, it won’t be successful. It’s as simple as that. This is why content optimisation is very crucial when you have a website. This means providing search engines with important data to help them easily understand your content. A Google search will then use the information you supplied in the search results they display each time your targeted keyword or key phrase is searched for by your target audience. Some of the data you need to provide are the following:
- Title tag is one of the most important elements of content optimisation. It is used to describe the content in a few words. These are used by search engines as the link text on SERPS and on social media when someone shares the content.
- Meta description is another crucial element in content optimisation. It is typically displayed in SERPs as the descriptor text making it easier for your target audience to understand your content right away.
These are just a couple of tags needed for on-page SEO. In upcoming articles, I will provide you with a complete list that you’ll surely find helpful.
- Build and maintain a blog. If there is one thing that Google absolutely loves, it is compelling and fresh content. This is the reason why incorporating a blog to your main website is a good move when you’re trying to pull up your search engine ranking. To get great results, focus on topics that are both related to your website and important to the eyes of your target audience. Pay attention and exert effort to make each blog posts, not just keyword-rich but also truly interesting and useful. Doing this will help you (1) establish yourself as an expert in your niche (2) earn the trust and respect of your readers and (3) successfully encourage your readers to share your blog post on social media. As you know, it just takes a few clicks for your blog posts to be out there. Make them irresistibly good and you’ll easily make a lot of noise for your website.
- Social Media. No one can deny the power of social media these days. Every day, millions of people from across the globe go online just to check Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, etc. Due to their popularity among people from all walks of life, using them to promote your website is an extremely good and rather cost-effective SEO strategy. The key here is effectively aligning your SEO and your social media efforts and you’re bound to reap great results in no time.
After creating your official accounts on these social media networks, start by publishing high-quality content. Google never stopped pushing the quality-over-quantity approach and people on social media doesn’t mind clicking that share button as long as they are convinced that your content is interesting, useful, or hilarious. When people share your content, your brand easily connects to the wider social web and this means reaching thousands of prospects in as little time as possible. To help people easily share your content, make sure to customise your social share buttons to your own website. Also, don’t forget to log in to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. on a regular basis. Engage your followers and keep them updated by sending links of your newest blog posts.
- Use Google Analytics. There are so many SEO tools that you can use to boost your rankings but one thing that you cannot afford to ignore is Google Analytics (Read my previous article on this topic – ‘Google Analytics – the ultimate tool for your website’s success’). This is a user-friendly service that generates detailed statistics about your website to help you make necessary adjustments when and where needed. It tracks down the number of visitors your website receives in any given day and analyse their behaviour. Using this tool allows you to understand what pages of your website they find engaging, how much time they spend on each page, what makes them click the links, and what makes them respond to your call to action. With this information, you can decide what pages to improve on and what kind of SEO techniques to apply in order to boost your traffic and improve your conversion rate on a Google Search.
- Open PPC account. If you have the money to spare for your internet marketing campaign and if you need to generate a huge amount of traffic in no time, I would recommend Pay per Click advertising. This is the process of buying space on Google search page results that when your targeted keywords are searched for by your potential clients, your ads are shown on the SERPs. I would recommend this while you’re waiting for your traditional SEO techniques to kick in which frankly, may take a while. To get great value for your money, ensure that you target the right keywords and make your ads compelling.
- Build inbound links. Google considers each link to your website as a vote of confidence. So, learn how to build high-quality inbound links. This can be done by publishing press releases on PR websites, doing guest blogging (which is very hot at the moment), creating free business listings, adding your URL and business address and contact details to social media accounts and basically, getting other websites to promote yours. Typically, the only requirement here is to make your website worth your visitors’ while. If it is engaging, visually appealing, and it offers real value, bloggers and other website owners will recommend it to their visitors.
Ignition Media offers complete SEO package
Getting your website to ranking higher on a Google Search is no small task. Ignition Media offers highly effective SEO services that are proven to work in ensuring your web presence. Boasting years of experience and expertise, we have a long list of extremely satisfied customers who have enjoyed great exposure in the online arena that led to the success of their respective businesses. By using the right tools and with our exhaustive understanding in SEO, we can ensure to give your website the best chances of appearing prominently for each Google search made by your potential clients.
Aside from SEO services, we also offer complete range of web design, website development, and social media marketing. So, whatever it is that you need to make your online presence felt, you can be assured that we’ve got your covered. For questions and for quotes, please call or email me at 07 5568 7515 or at [email protected]. I’ll be more than happy to help you get started pulling up your Google ranking.